Mildren Construction one of the South’s leading building and civil engineering firms has won two separate projects at the Talbot Heath Campus of Bournemouth University.
These works are running simultaneously and comprise infrastructure work at a cost of £2.5m (NEC 3 Option A) plus a further project for landscaping the area at £460k.
Planning permission was granted in September last year to deliver the following improvements to the area:
- A new link road from Boundary Roundabout will be established, supporting ongoing plans for decongestion of the Wallisdown Road corridor in line with the Borough of Poole Supplementary Planning Document and provision of a safer and more effective route for BU buses around the Talbot Campus. The link road will be adopted by the Borough of Poole upon completion.
- A bus hub providing bus users with prominent and convenient access to the Talbot Campus and enabling increases in bus frequency, allowing for the future growth in bus use required to accommodate the increasing provision of student accommodation at the Lansdowne.
- The expansion of Car Park H required easing the impact of this project and others which will displace parking from the main campus.
- Alterations to Car Parks F and G required facilitating the link road and Talbot Campus bus hub.
- New Estates ‘Goods In’ and Waste Compound area providing a centralised facility enabling more effective Facilities Management operations and improving the appearance of the south elevation of Poole House.
- Hard and soft landscaping to enhance the campus.
Mildren’s Contracts Director Alan Swinger said: “We’re delighted to have won such a landmark project to work on as everyone locally knows how rapidly Bournemouth University is expanding.
”Our team is headed by Steve Withers who also ran the very successful Gravel Hill project at the end of last year for Poole Borough Council, which was completed ahead of time and under budget. He is again working alongside QS Greg Franklin who also worked on the previous project, so our client and local residents can rest assured that the Uni. Project is in very capable hands.” Mr Swinger added.
Mildren’s success is borne of combining industry expertise and professionalism with unrivalled local knowledge and a willingness to think innovatively and ambitiously.
For more information regarding the extensive services that Mildren Construction can offer, please visit our website at www.mildrenconstruction.co.uk or telephone 01202 487480. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.